In early December, the USPS® approved six promotions for 2020. Created to generate excitement about the mail, the USPS 2020 Promotions and Incentives reward mailers who test innovative design and technologies in a way that enhances the benefits of a physical mailpiece.
Mailers: As you finalize plans for 2020, set your sights on these promotions and potential discounts for your business or organization.
Sign Up for Updates on the USPS 2020 Promotions and Incentives from Tension
While the promotions look similar to the ones offered in 2019, some of the program requirements have changed. We’ll post the changes and other updates on our blog as the promotions open for registration. You can sign up for updates here.
Summary of the USPS 2020 Promotions and Incentives
1. Tactile, Sensory and Interactive Promotion – This promotion encourages use of advanced print innovations in paper and stock, substrates, inks, interactive elements, and finishing techniques to drive customer engagement.
Tension has multiple offerings that qualify for this promotion. Bring us your creative genius, or contact us to discuss how we can help with:
- Embossed envelopes: Give your recipients a groovy feeling that can also help lift your response.
- Envelopes with foil: Shine a light on your brand with a foil embossed logo or promotional copy.
- Envelope with special finishes: Ignite your recipients’ senses with finishes like a soft to the touch or sandpaper coating.
- Trailing Edge envelopes: Stand out in the mailbox with a uniquely shaped envelope that can be incorporated into your design or logo.
2. Emerging and Advanced Technology Promotion – Have you used technologies such as augmented reality, virtual or mixed reality, near field communication, Video in Print or multichannel integration with digital assistants/smart speakers on your mail? This promotion allows you to test these innovative technologies while earning a mail discount.
3. Earned Value Reply Mail Promotion – This promotion rewards mailers when their customers put their Business Reply Mail (BRM), Courtesy Reply Mail (CRM) and Share Mail envelopes and cards back into the mail.
4. Personalized Color Transpromo Promotion – This one encourages mailers to incorporate color messaging on bills and statements sent by First-Class Mail® to enhance its value. First-time program participants can qualify with dynamic color print requirements only, while previous program participants must include dynamic color print and updated personalization requirements.
Don’t Forget! Sign up for our USPS Promotions updates. We’ll post detailed program requirements for previous program participants when this promotion opens for registration.
5. Mobile Shopping Promotion – This promotion encourages mailers to feature integration with mobile technologies on their mailpieces for online shopping experiences during the holidays.
6. Informed Delivery Promotion – The Informed Delivery promotion encourages mailers to adopt this feature as part of an integrated marketing campaign. Note: There are new requirements for 2020. Check our blog for details later this year.
Contact your Tension sales expert to explore the wide array of Tension offerings that qualify for the USPS promotions, and start planning for savings in 2020.