Tension Closely Monitoring the Coronavirus (COVID-19)
A Statement from Tension Regarding our Preparedness (updated 3.10.20)
Tension remains dedicated to supporting the well-being of our Associates, Customers, Suppliers and extended communities. As new information becomes available, we will adjust our preparations and plans.
Tension has a long-standing and well-tested Business Continuity Plan, as well as policies to address pandemics. These policies allow us to transfer work between our eight manufacturing facilities. For example, Tension has:
- Standardized processes and training, allowing our Associates to deliver a consistent product, no matter where it is produced.
- Consistent raw materials across plants.
- An enterprise-wide ERP so that information and specifications can be easily and accurately shared.
Furthermore, nearly all of Tension’s Administrative and Sales Associates can work remotely if needed, and we are rapidly deploying additional technology to expand that capability.
The situation is evolving quickly, and we are monitoring the latest information including prevention protocols and affected locations via the CDC, the World Health Organization and health officials in our various locations.
To date, Tension has implemented the following steps to help mitigate the risk of exposure and spread of the illness within our offices and facilities:
- Associates, vendors, customers and other visitors have been told that they are not allowed to enter any Tension facility if they have traveled to a COVID-19 hotspot within the past 14 days, if they know that they may have been exposed to the virus, or if they are exhibiting any of the symptoms associated with COVID-19.
- All Associates who are ill or showing symptoms consistent with the virus are asked to stay home. We are adjusting our attendance policies to promote this behavior.
- Non-essential travel has been restricted.
- The importance of good hygiene has been communicated throughout our organization, and we have increased the frequency and intensity of workplace disinfection.
Customers can contact their salesperson for additional information.