Tension is pleased to share news about our Chairman, Bert Berkley’s, appointment to the Smithsonian National Postal Museum’s Advisory Council from an undated news release from the Smithsonian:
Smithsonian National Postal Museum Announces Advisory Council
The Smithsonian’s National Postal Museum announces the formation of a new Museum Advisory Council to provide guidance, advice and support for advancing its mission to improve the learning and teaching of postal history and philately in the United States and throughout the world.
Elliot Gruber, Director of the National Postal Museum, has named Michael Critelli, former CEO, Pitney Bowes and John Nolan, former Deputy Postmaster General, U.S. Postal Service as co-chairs of the Council.
The Council will provide guidance on issues related to the strategic direction of the museum, including recommendations relating to collections, exhibitions, and public education. It will support the museum and its programs by developing relationships with and communicating to constituents on behalf of the museum, and assist the Director’s efforts to enhance the profile and the public’s understanding of the museum’s activities locally, nationally and internationally.
The Council will also aid the museum in strengthening its financial resources by providing leadership, guidance and assistance in the museum’s efforts to raise funds to support the museum’s activities and core operations.
Distinguished members of the Council include:
- Bert Berkley, Chairman of the Board, Tension Corporation
- Michael Critelli, Former CEO, Pitney Bowes (Council Co-Chair)
- Sylvia Cyrus, Executive Director, Association for the Study of African American Life & History
- Patrick Donahoe, Former Postmaster General, U.S. Postal Service
- Hamilton Davison, President & Executive Director, American Catalog Mailers Association
- John Nolan, Former Deputy Postmaster General, U.S. Postal Service (Council Co-Chair)
- Joel Quadracci, Chairman & CEO, Quad Graphics
- David Sable, Global Chief Executive Officer, Young and Rubicon
- Hamid Salemizadeh, Vice President Postal Automation, Seimens
- Jason Dies, Executive Vice President and President of SMB Solutions, Pitney Bowes
Smithsonian National Postal Museum Contact: Marty Emery, Public Relations, 202.633.5518, firstname.lastname@example.org
About the Smithsonian’s National Postal Museum
The National Postal Museum is devoted to presenting the colorful and engaging history of the nation’s mail service and showcasing one of the largest and most comprehensive collections of stamps and philatelic material in the world. It is located at 2 Massachusetts Avenue N.E., Washington, D.C., across from Union Station. The museum is open daily from 10 a.m. to 5:30 p.m. (closed Dec. 25). For more information about the Smithsonian, call (202) 633-1000 or visit the museum website at www.postalmuseum.si.edu.
Tension Corporation, a privately owned and operated company based in Kansas City, Missouri, is a global leader in envelope products and packaging & automation solutions. The envelope division serves a wide variety of industries including financial, insurance and direct marketing, and works with third party providers directly. Founded in 1886, Tension produces billions of envelopes annually and has regional plants and offices throughout the country and the world. Visit www.tensionenvelope.com for more information.